Tuesday 1 July 2014

Refreshing & Fruity Ice Lollies

Hey Guys!

So I've recently been on the hunt for some recipes ideal for summer and I came across a blog called www.nourishingmeals.com , seriously if your a lover of healthy and nutritious recipes go check them out because I'm currently obsessed!

So I'm using the recipe for watermelon popsicles but I've slightly changed it for my preference. They are so simple and easy to make and perfect for a light refreshing snack or desert in the summertime.


What you will need

Half a medium sized watermelon
1 Mango
A few sliced strawberries
1 - 2 sliced kiwi fruits
A handful of blueberries
Ice lolly moulds



I bought my ice lolly moulds from NEXT - £3.50




The first thing you'll need to do is peel the mango and chop it into chunks, then cut the watermelon in half and again chop into small chunks.




Next you need to blend this until its a liquid/purée, I used a hand blender for this but you can use whatever you have in your kitchen.




That's the 'hard' work all done, now all you need to do is place the strawberries, blueberries and kiwi fruit into the moulds but not filling the moulds too much.

A really fun and encouraging idea if your making these for children is to try and create faces with the fruit.



Next you'll need to fill your lolly moulds with the mango and watermelon purée and place the lid on top.




Can anyone see the upside down smiling face?

Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, I tend to make mine the night before and then they are ready to eat the next day.

To take the ice lollies out of the mould, stand the mould in a bowl of warm water for around 10 seconds, the lolly will gradually loosen.


And voilà!


Top tip

If you have any mango and watermelon left over, drink it!



Thanks for reading!

If you make these yourselves be sure to tweet me a photo!


* Keep an eye out for my fruit and yoghurt ice lollies coming soon *  

No comments:

Post a Comment